Honoring an Elite Group of Print Leaders & Companies in the Midwest
MINNEAPOLIS, MN — June 21, 2021 — Printing Industry Midwest (PIM), the not-for-profit trade organization representing the Midwest’s leading print service providers, safely welcomed around 180 print professionals to the 2021 Star Awards banquet and awards ceremony held on June 17, 2021 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. PIM’s Annual Star Awards is the Midwest region’s chance to celebrate our industry’s commitment to quality and creativity. Fifteen PIM member companies nominated twenty-seven of their magnificent print professionals for leadership awards. Nineteen PIM member companies submitted around 120 projects to be evaluated by an esteemed panel of judges.
During the banquet PIM’s Graphic Arts Industry Leader alumni along with PIM was pleased to announce Lana Siewert-Olson, President of Ideal Printers located in St. Paul, MN, as the 2021 Graphic Arts Industry Leader of the Year. This award has been given to industry leaders by PIM since 1972, previous recipients select each new member from an elite list. Siewert-Olson was recognized by her peers for her exemplary leadership and dedication to the print industry. Siewert-Olson has had printing in her blood since day one and began by opaquing film, running a table top folder, collating, stitching, mopping, etc. in grade school and high school. She joined the family business at Ideal Printers in 1988 and transitioned to President of Ideal Printers in 2002 managing the company along with her husband, sister and brother-in-law. Siewert-Olson says, “thank you to PIM and the Graphic Arts Industry Leader alumni for voting me into this elite group of men and women, which includes my dad, making it extra special.”
Other leadership awards handed out at the 2021 Star Awards Banquet including:
- Jim Benedict from ENPOINTE received the 2021 Creative Professional of the Year Award
- Sarah Osborn from Larkin Industries received the 2021 Customer Service Representative of the Year Award
- Karl Nathe from Meyers Printing received the 2021 Financial Professional of the Year Award
- The Royal Account Management Team from Royal received the 2021 Outstanding Team of the Year Award
- Troy Roth from ENPOINTE received the 2021 Production Professional of the Year Award
- Glenn Rodgers from NCCO received the 2021 Manager of the Year
- Mariel Bolger from Bolger Vision Beyond Print and Dan Acuna from Daily Printing Inc. both received the 2021 Co-Young Professionals of the Year Award
The evening was rounded out with the announcement of the top printed projects for 2021:
- Best of Show was awarded to the “Women’s Spring 2020 Mailer” produced by Bolger Vision Beyond Print
- Best of Show Runner-Up went to “Fig – Plant-Based Cookbook” produced by The John Roberts Company
- Best of Show Honorable Mention went to “A Light Year of Lead” produced by ENPOINTE
- People’s Choice winner went to “The John Roberts Company 2021 Calendar” produced The John Roberts Company
To view a list of all the winning companies, visit – www.pimw.org/2021-star-award-winners/. Congratulations to all the companies who nominated their fellow employees and the companies who submitted their printed projects. Every year the Star Awards continues to showcase our members astonishing capabilities and accomplished employees.
PIM would like to express gratitude to the following sponsors who will help make the 2021 Star Awards a successful celebration: Lindenmeyr Munroe the 2021 Signature Star Awards Sponsor, Midland Paper (Beverage Sponsor), FUJIFILM (Appetizer Sponsor), Peters Revnew Kappenman & Anderson P.A. (Best in Show Sponsor), Bremer Bank (People’s Choice Sponsor), CGS ORIS (Centerpiece & Décor Sponsor), Federated Insurance (Program Sponsor), Konica Minolta (Creative Professional of the Year) Case Paper (Customer Service Representative of the Year), Anchor Paper (Outstanding Team of the Year), Heidelberg USA (Production Professional of the Year), Canon Solutions America (Young Professional of the Year), LB Carlson (Financial Executive of the Year), Daily Printing, Inc. (Printer of Certificates & Invitations) and Standard Dynamics an EO Johnson Company (Printer of Programs).
Printing Industry Midwest (PIM) is the trade association representing print service companies in Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota. Membership resources add value to companies that provide print, graphic communication services, market or manufacture supplies for the printing industry. For more information about PIM, membership or the services PIM offers, visit www.pimw.org.