Call for Entries – Submit your best 2020 projects & nominate your essential employees
2021 Star Awards is Now OPEN
All entries & nominations must be sent to PIM Office by February 18, 2021 at 12:00 PM (noon)
Printing Industry Midwest (PIM) knows 2020 was a difficult year but we know you were still able to produce essential and high-quality projects! From social distancing signs to PPE equipment to flyers with the latest health updates, you have done it all.
Now is the time to highlight your essential staff and clients by submitting your 2020 projects into PIM’s 2021 Star Awards competition! There are TWO areas you can receive awards in to celebrate your outstanding company by sending in Entries and/or Nominations. Here is how the program works:
1. FIND YOUR PROJECT(S) & PEOPLE
For Entries: Throughout the year, printing companies should save 2 samples of each of your best projects. PIM is currently looking for companies to enter their best projects have been printed and produced between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020. This year PIM is offering special reduced pricing to enter your projects.
For Nominations: Who took charge and went above and beyond in 2020? Help boost the morale of your co-works by nominating them for a PIM “Professional of the Year Star Awards”. It is FREE to nominate your co-workers.
2. REVIEW LIST
For Entries: Review our CATEGORY LIST for descriptions about where your project will fit (one project can be submitted into multiple categories, 2 samples for each entry are needed).
For Nominations: Review the following links to find nomination criteria & forms. You can nominate multiple people from your company for awards.
- Creative Professional of the Year Award – This person uses creative talent to create or enhance print communications to meet your customers and company’s needs.
- Customer Service Representative (CSR) of the Year Award – This professional is responsiveness to customers, innovative and provides conflict resolution.
- NEW! Financial Executive of the Year Award – This person demonstrates the aptitude for financial reporting, the analytical know-how and problem-solving skills and knowledge of IT software.
- Outstanding Team of the Year Award – 10 or fewer members from any department or committee of staff members that work effectively as a team to successfully accomplish a task or meet a goal.
- Production Professional of the Year Award – This professional must show equipment and workspace maintenance skills, process and quality control and Environmental, Health and Safety compliance.
- Young Professional of the Year – This employee must be 40 years old or younger who demonstrates strong leadership, teamwork and sense of integrity.
3. PRINT, FILL OUT & MAIL
For Entries: Print and fill out all the ENTRY FORMS. Mail all the forms and samples to PIM’s office. Please note your submissions will NOT be returned.
For Nominations: Print and fill out all forms as well as collect all supporting testimonials from leaders/customers/associates. Mail all information to PIM’s office.
Please send any entries to PIM’s office by the due date of February 18, 2021 at 12:00 PM (noon). Remember PIM has a new address… 8085 Wayzata Blvd., Suite 101A, Golden Valley, MN 55426
For Entries: After PIM receives all entries, a team of judges made up of industry experts will review all entries. An entry is judged first on technical expertise and quality of printing; next on design features and overall graphic appeal. Judges will not know which company submitted the entry (except in the case of self-promotion category).
For Nominations: All nominations are reviewed by select committees.
Mark your calendar for PIM’s annual Star Awards Banquet on June 17, 2021. Come be recognized and congratulate your peers. PIM will announce the 2021 Best of Show Award and you will be able to vote for 2021 People’s Choice Award. Each nominee and winner will be announced from the Professional of the Year categories. Hopefully we can meet in-person, more details to come!
Questions? Please contact Kristin Davis (612.400.6208) or Sadie Johnson (612.400.604) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the Star Awards website for more information.