FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MINNEAPOLIS, MN — August 27, 2020 – Printing Industry Midwest (PIM), the not-for-profit trade organization representing the Midwest’s leading print service providers, welcomed over 150 virtual attendees to its first ever Virtual Star Awards ceremony on August 25, 2020 via Zoom. The Annual PIM Star Awards is the Midwest region’s chance to celebrate our industry’s commitment to quality and creativity, with members from across the Midwest submitting projects to be evaluated by an esteemed panel of judges.
During the event, the 2020 Graphic Arts Industry Leader of the Year was awarded to Hassan Igram, owner of Cedar Graphics Inc., in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Given to industry leaders by PIM since 1972, previous recipients select each new member of this elite list annually. Igram has decades of experience in the print industry and commands the respect of his peers, but his deep passion for the art and science of print is truly inspiring. With his expertise and guidance, Cedar Graphics has grown exponentially from its humble roots in the back of a small Cedar Rapids grocery store into one of the country’s most awarded commercial printers, even earning recognition this year as this year’s Printing News’ #6 Top Small Commercial Printer in North America. Hassan’s passion for print is kinetic, driving him to not only rapidly embrace new print technologies but to spend countless hours empathetically consulting with colleagues and competitors alike.
The Stars are Shining on these Print Providers who brought home the Top Awards for 2020:
- Best of Show was awarded to the Sappi Calendar produced by the GLS Companies
- Best of Show Runner Up went to MBK Senior Living Portfolio produced by The John Roberts Company
- Best of Show Honorable Mention went to The Criterion Collection – Karel Zeman Pop Up Book produced by Bolger Vision Beyond Print
- People’s Choice winner went to the Grand Casino Roaring 20’s Jubilee Invitations produced by Visions, Inc.
Other awards handed out at the 2020 Star Awards were awarded to:
- Jackie Marthaler from GLS Companies received the Creative Professional of the Year Award
- Chris Olson from The John Roberts Company received the Customer Service Representative (CSR) of the Year Award
- The Nahan Printing Spoilage Team received the Outstanding Team of the Year Award
- Tou Xiong of AWT Label & Package received the Production Professional of the Year Award
- Tiffany Milbrandt of CARDSource received the Young Professional of the Year Award
To view the full list of winning companies, please visit – www.pimw.org/2020-star-award-winners/. Congratulations to all the companies that submitted awards and nominated their fellow employees. Every year the Star Awards continues to showcase our members astonishing capabilities and accomplished employees.
PIM would like to express gratitude to the following sponsors who will help make the 2020 Star Awards a successful celebration – Lindenmeyr Munroe the 2020 Signature Star Awards Sponsor, Laird Plastics, Midland Paper, IWCO Direct, Peters Revnew Kappenman Anderson, LB Carlson, Bremer Bank, Konica Minolta, Case Paper, Anchor Paper Co., Heidelberg, Daily Printing and Standard Dynamics, Inc. an EO Johnson Company.
Printing Industry Midwest (PIM) is the trade association representing print service companies in Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota. Membership resources add value to companies that provide print, graphic communication services, market or manufacture supplies for the printing industry. More information can be found at www.pimw.org.