Winners for the First Americas Print Awards Competition
Download PDF of this news release, click here | Download PDF with winning project photos, click here
JUNE 22, 2022 – The Americas Printing Association Network (APAN) along with Printing Industry Midwest (PIM) are proud to announce the winners of the inaugural presentation of the 2022 Americas Print Awards, a national competition that recognizes the absolute finest in printing across the United States. Eleven participating associations within APAN sent their top 15 winning entries from their individual competitions to the Printing Industries of New England (PINE), where the judging took place on June 13-14, 2022. These “best of the best” pieces went head-to-head in the national competition, and the work was judged by three national printing experts with over 90 years of cumulative experience. The judges were chosen from a pool of like individuals that have either owned, operated or managed a printing facility.
All 2022 Best of Category winners from PIM’s 2022 Star Awards competition – Bolger, ENPOINTE, Ideal Printers, The John Roberts Company and Studio On Fire – submitted their entries into this APAN competition.
Here are the recipients of the inaugural Americas Print Awards. Review a photographs of the winning projects, click here. Congrats to all!
- BEST OFFSET AWARD – ENPOINTE (Printing Industry Midwest) for SAPPI – 2022 Calendar
- BEST PACKAGING AWARD – Napco, Inc. (Printing Industry of the Carolinas) for Box in a Box
- BEST FLEXOGRAPHY AWARD – Multi-Color Corp. North America Wine & Spirits (Visual Media Alliance) for True Myth
- BEST WIDE FORMAT AWARD – Heritage Printing, Signs & Displays (Printing Industry of the Carolinas) for Our Story
- BEST SOFT COVER BOOK AWARD – Printing Specialist (Printing & Graphics Association MidAtlantic) for Period Architecture
- BEST CATALOG/MAGAZINE AWARD – iTek Graphics (Printing Industry of the Carolinas) for Palmetto Bluffs Photo Book
- BEST PROMOTIONAL KIT AWARD – Stoughton Printing Co. (Printing Industries of Southern California) for Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young – Déjà vu (Deluxe 50th Anniversary Addition)
- JUDGES CHOICE AWARD – HBP (Printing & Graphics Association MidAtlantic) for 14 Stations at the Crossroads
- BEST USE OF SUBSTRATE AWARD – ENPOINTE (Printing Industry Midwest) for ENPOINTE Capabilities
- BEST USE OF PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD – ENPOINTE (Printing Industry Midwest) for SAPPI – 2022 Calendar
- BEST HARD COVER BOOK AWARD – O’Neil Printing (Printing Industries of Southern California) for Project Marquee Book
- BEST FINISHING TECHNIQUES AWARD – Stoughton Printing Co. (Printing Industries of Southern California) for Wizard of Oz – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
- BEST USE OF COLOR AWARD – Kirkwood Printing Company (Printing Industries of New England) for RISD View Book
- BEST DIGITAL AWARD – Think Patented (Graphic Media Alliance) for Altar’d State Brand Book
Participating APAN Member Associations: Graphic Arts Association (GAA), Graphic Media Alliance (GMA), Printing & Graphics Association MidAtlantic (PGAMA), Printing & Imaging Association of Georgia (PIAG), Printing & Imaging Association of MidAmerica (PIA MidAmerica), Printing Industries of New England (PINE), Printing Industries of Southern California (PIASC), Printing Industry Association of the South, Inc. (PIAS), Printing Industry Midwest (PIM), Printing Industry of the Carolinas (PICA), and Visual Media Alliance (VMAA)