These are additional Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) actions you can incorporate at your organization. These additional actions can be started now or can be started later as a way to maintain accreditation requirements.
- After you have written a complaint process and a complaint escalation process…
- All current and new employees must be informed on where/how to submit complaints. Create a process for them to know and use.
- Employees must be free to submit complaints without fear of retribution. Create a process or plan for employees to know and feel this.
- After you create an affirmative action plan to recruit diverse applicants, do you see you employee diversity changing?
- After reviewing the results of the internal audit of measures of equity, what can you do to bridge the
- After evaluating your supply chains, find ways to partner with more minority-owned businesses that
are invested in diversity, equity & inclusion.
- After you evaluate, actively maintain and update your Job Postings. Thoroughly review/vet each
position’s minimum requirements and broaden recruitment platforms used.
- Create a mentoring program.
- Expand diversity in your supply chain.
- Have all employees complete and pass DE&I training with courses titled (or similar titles)…
- Bystander Intervention
- Creating a Positive Work Environment
- Cultural Competency & Humility
- Workplace Diversity, Inclusion & Sensitivity
- Create an Affirmative Action plan. Click here for tip on completing this.
- Recruit and mentor another organization to start this program. Or mentor an organization already in the program that might need a little help.
Or create and propose your own action plans/goals and presents it to Printing Industry Midwest’s (PIM) Diversity Coalition for review and approval.
If you have more ideas you would like to share, please email Kristin Pilling-Davis & Sadie Johnson at email@example.com. We are always looking for more ideas.