WORKING TO SOLVE THE INEQUITIES IN PRINT
Printing Industry Midwest’s (PIM) Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) Accreditation Program was designed to create foundational changes in the recruiting, hiring, and training practices of our industry. This program was created by the PIM Diversity Coalition, that put together metrics and a process for accreditation that will help your company continue to uphold and enforce a more diverse and inclusive company environment.
The goal of this program is not to write a DE&I program for you, but to provide you direction and a launching pad to create your own DE&I story.
WHY DEVOTE TIME TO DE&I ? BECAUSE…
The Next Generation is Watching:
- Our industry is battling every other manufacturing industry to recruit new workers as others retire. The next generation of workers is seeking businesses that reflect the communities in which they live. Creating a culture of inclusiveness and building a diverse workforce will help to attract the younger workers that you need.
We’re Ignoring Untapped Labor Pools:
- Our industry is struggling to find new employees. There are untapped labor pools within reach if we are willing to adjust our best practices to become a more diverse and inclusive workplace and industry. Racial inequalities have resulted in mass underemployment. Many of these people can and will succeed with access to opportunity, training, and a more inclusive culture.
Clients Care and We Should Too:
- The issues of race are tearing at the fabric of our communities. Promoting your commitment to diversity and inclusiveness will mean that you will be welcomed by a growing number of print buyers. By making real and lasting change in the areas of diversity and inclusiveness, you will be able to differentiate yourself from other printers and suppliers.
It’s the Right Thing To Do:
- We have the opportunity to make a difference in our communities by sharing our industry with a more diverse body of employees. Being open to new ideas and new ways of thinking can result in making our communities better for all.
HOW CAN THIS PROGRAM MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
PIM’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) Accreditation Program offers an opportunity for service providers and suppliers to celebrate their company’s actions and achievements toward closing the racial and diversity gap. The program is founded upon the PIM Pledges for Action and includes access to tools, resources, and rewards designed to support companies in building a more diverse and inclusive workplace
HOW CAN YOUR COMPANY BECOME ACCREDITATED?
Easy, join the PIM DE&I Accreditation Pilot Program or wait until 2022 for the official program to launch.
Next, PIM staff will send you the metrics and process for accreditation for your company to follow. Your company will have access to resources to help you uphold and enforce the program’s objectives.
JOIN THE PILOT PROGRAM
If you are interested in joining the DE&I Accreditation Pilot Program, please follow the steps listed below…
- Fill out the online form below.
- Next, wait for Kris & Sadie to email you the official PDF enrollment form.
- Fill out the PDF enrollment form and email the form back to Kris & Sadie by August 6, 2021.
- Directions on next steps will be given after enrollment form is turned in.