PIM Supporting Students, Schools, & Career Seekers
Tax-deductible donations to the Printing Industry Midwest (PIM) Education Foundation (PIMEF), a 501(c)3 corporation, make possible the distribution of PIM scholarships. Each year, these PIM scholarships help students prepare for a career in the printing industry. Additionally, PIM members generously established a scholarship endowment. Fundraisers at PIM events throughout the year add to earnings of this ongoing endowment.
PIMEF scholarships are available to students pursuing a 2 or 4 year degree in Graphic Communication & Print related majors. This includes:
- Press Operation,
- Print Management,
- Graphic Design,
- and other degrees involving print.
The applicant must reside in the state of Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, South Dakota, or North Dakota. Priority is given to children of PIM member employees. The PIM Scholarship Review Committee accepts scholarship applications from November through April 1st of the following year. This Scholarship Committee reviews all applications and determines the amount of the scholarship awarded. Recipients are notified mid-May.
Help support PIM’s Education Foundation
PIM’s Education Foundation was formed to address the shortage of people entering the print industry by supporting students, school technical programs, educational institutions, & career seekers. Two of the main initiatives include:
- Scholarships to help motivated students with an interest in printing get the training they need to become successful in the field.
- Coordination of community and industry support to launch technical education programs, one high school at a time, at a fast pace.
Click here to donate & help support!
Hear from Emily Wicker on what’s next for this multi-year PIM scholarship honoree
PIMEF Awards $10,000 in Scholarships for Students Pursuing Print/Graphic/Media Careers
May 19, 2023 – Printing Industry Midwest’s Education Foundation (PIMEF) awarded the following scholarships to:
- Lydia Herbolsheimer of Harrington, NE – Freshman (Benedictine College – Atchison, KS)
- Cassidy Larsen of Monticello MN – Freshman (Hennepin Technical College – Brooklyn Park, MN)
- Ashwini Sandanayake of Roseville, MN – Freshman (University of Minnesota – Twin Cities, MN )
- Sophie Swenson, Dannebrog, NE – Freshman (Concordia University, Seward, NE)
- David Volante, St. Cloud, MN – Sophomore (Concordia College, Moorhead, MN) – child of Nahan Employee