Celebration at PIM’s Annual Star Awards Banquet & Awards Ceremony Unveils Surprise Sweep
Learn more about the PIM Star Awards
MINNEAPOLIS, MN — June 27, 2022 – Printing Industry Midwest (PIM), the not-for-profit trade organization representing the Midwest’s leading print service providers, safely welcomed over 200 print professionals to the 2022 Star Awards banquet and awards ceremony held on June 22, 2022 in Minneapolis, Minnesota at the Hyatt Regency. PIM’s Annual Star Awards is the Midwest region’s chance to celebrate our industry’s commitment to quality and creativity. Thirteen PIM member companies submitted approximately 100 projects to be evaluated by an esteemed panel of judges. Eleven PIM member companies nominated twenty of their magnificent print professionals for leadership awards.
During the banquet PIM’s Graphic Arts Industry Leader alumni along with PIM were pleased to announce Roger Feickert, CEO, President & Owner of Midstates Group located in Aberdeen, SD, as the 2022 Graphic Arts Industry Leader of the Year. This award has been given to industry leaders by PIM since 1972, previous recipients select each new member from an elite list annually. Feickert was recognized by his peers for his commitment and love for the print industry, starting his own quick print business in 1979. He was instrumental in the merger of the Print Industry of Minnesota and the Printing Industry Midlands back in 2011, in that year the two associations merged to become the Printing Industry Midwest. He went on to be Chairperson of PIM in 2016. The attendees not only heard about his love of the industry, but his love for his family, Roger has turned over the business to his sons Justin & Matt, while he works on his farm and loves spending time with his wife Cathy. The special day of recognition was also Roger’s birthday so the entire room sang him happy birthday!
Other leadership awards that were handed out at the 2022 Star Awards Banquet including:
- Scott Dahlberg from The John Roberts Company received the 2022Creative Professional of the Year Award
- Amanda Thompson from Nahan received the 2022 Customer Service Representative of the Year Award
- Joe Hardy from Bolger received the 2022 Financial Professional of the Year Award
- The Printers Mailing Department from Ideal Printers received the 2022 Outstanding Team of the Year Award
- George Graves from Studio on Fire received the 2022 Production Professional of the Year Award
- Michelle Motschke from ENPOINTE received the 2022 Manager of the Year
- Kaitlyn Corzine won the 2022 Young Professional of the Year Award she represents IWCO Direct
- Camille Lehmann of Nahan won the very first Marketing Person of the Year honor
The evening was rounded out with the announcement of the top printed projects for 2022 and for the first time ENPOINTE swept the awards.
- Best of Show was awarded to the “Dolly Parton – Songteller” produced by ENPOINTE
- Best of Show Runner Up went to “American Standard – The Reference Line” produced by ENPOINTE
- Best of Show Honorable Mention went to “Capabilities Brochure” produced by ENPOINTE
- People’s Choice winner went to “Dolly Parton – Songteller” produced ENPOINTE
To view a list of all the winning companies, visit – www.pimw.org/pim-awards/2022-pim-star-award-winners/. Congratulations to all the companies that submitted their printed projects and nominated their fellow employees. Every year the Star Awards continues to showcase our members astonishing capabilities and accomplished employees.
PIM would like to express gratitude to the following sponsors who will help make the 2022 Star Awards a successful celebration – Signature Star Awards Sponsor – Lindenmeyr Munroe, Midland Paper (Beverage Sponsor), FUJIFILM (Appetizer Sponsor), Peters Revnew Kappenman & Andersonhttps://www.prkalaw.com/ P.A. (Best in Show Sponsor), Bremer Bank (People’s Choice Sponsor), CGS ORIS (Centerpiece & Décor Sponsor), Federated Insurance (Program Sponsor), EO Johnson/Standard Dynamics (Creative Professional of the Year) Case Paper (Customer Service Representative of the Year), Anchor Paper (Outstanding Team of the Year), Heidelberg USA (Production Professional of the Year), Canon Solutions America (Young Professional of the Year), LB Carlson (Financial Executive of the Year), Kodak (Marketing Professional of the Year) & Gravie (Manager of the Year), Daily Printing, Inc. (Printer of Certificates & Invitations) and Standard Dynamics an EO Johnson Company (Printer of Programs).
Printing Industry Midwest (PIM) is the trade association representing print service companies in Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota. Membership resources add value to companies that provide print, graphic communication services, market or manufacture supplies for the printing industry. For more information about PIM, membership or the services PIM offers, visit www.pimw.org.